Polygamy

Disclaimer: All things are influenced. Even my own words. Nothing here on Earth is new with relation to the Sun. I borrow images, I capture images...I read...and I copy and paste some things and then I create things that are influence by all the energies around me.
Love is like...
>

Looking For

Friday, March 18, 2011

Mi Natty
By Zema

Although natty locks have become a fashion statement to some, my own desire to knot up was as part of the Nazirite vow of consecration; as Jah speaks of how you could walk in the ways of the Lord. He says “All the days of the vow of his separation, there shall no razor come upon his head…he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow…”(Numbers, Chapter 6, Verse 5). Locks are natural, God-given, locks are Jah glorious on the head, a statement to the path chosen. Today there seems to be an entire industry of salons, products, and shortcuts to dreadlocks, including twisting the hair together to start the process, waxes and other commercial products. But really, the way to your own dreads is simple: stop cutting and combing your hair; just wash it and let it go…

No comments: