Polygamy

Disclaimer: All things are influenced. Even my own words. Nothing here on Earth is new with relation to the Sun. I borrow images, I capture images...I read...and I copy and paste some things and then I create things that are influence by all the energies around me.
Love is like...
>

Looking For

Friday, July 16, 2010



I am a seventeen year old senior that is graduating from Long Island City High School in June 2009 . Throughout my teenage life I have always been very very active. My freshmen year of high school I joined gymnastics and other after school programs. I maintained a fairly high average to be considered for Honors Science my sophomore year of high school. My sophomore year I was introduced to the YMCA by a friend who attended the same junior high school as myself. I joined the Leaders Club and served as President for 2 years. In the Leaders Club , we service the community. I have engaged in tasks and events such as soup kitchens at a local church, walks for a cause, mural painting, collecting clothes , reading to kids , meals on wheels , and other activities. Along with the YMCA's leaders club I joined cross country in my school. By my junior year academically and socially my life was at a turning point. I was involved in Arista Honor Society , YMCA Leaders Club , Tennis ,and two AP classes. I worked at the Afrikan Poetry Theatre for three consecutive years.I've recently got accepted to all the colleges I applied to :Spelman College , Bennett College for Women , and North Carolina Central University. I will be attending Spelman College in the Fall of 2009.I am searching , applying and looking at financial opportunities. I had seven AP classes in the beginning of the school year and currently I have 5 AP classes.
I was live with my great grandmother in South Jamaica , Queens. I've had help from various family members in my upbringing. I pretty much had to learn the ropes on my own. My mother is mentally disabled and my father is incarcerated. My life has never consisted of the model family. As an only child , I had to look up to older cousins or just use better judgment. I never let my situation hinder my sight for the brighter things in life. Things like this I could not trade because it wouldn't make me the person I am today. I am Shapel LaBorde.

No comments: